Police at the Funeral - Margery Allingham

Format: mass market paperback
Length: 227 pages
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:

The tranquility of Cambridge is punctured when Cousin Andrew of the illustrious Faraday family disappears without a trace. No time is wasted in summoning Albert Campion and his sleuthing skills away from the bustle of Piccadilly to investigate – but little does he expect to be greeted by a band of eccentric relatives all at daggers with each other.

Soon there are as many dead bodies as there are red herrings, and Campion must uncover the secrets of the Faraday dynasty before another victim falls...

Favourite character: CAMPION!
Least favourite character: Aunt Kitty

Mini-review:

Even though as far as I can tell the title doesn't make any sense to the book, I enjoyed it. I always enjoy Campion, and am 110% in love with him and I am not ashamed of it. I love his wit and the bizarre things he says and how there's a genius lurking behind his foolish mask. The fact that he calls himself an adventurer, but is totally a detective to the rest of the world.

Sorry, Campion gush over.

I enjoyed the minor characters, except Aunt Kitty who took religious mania too far and is the type of character who gives Christians a bad name. I wish Lugg had been in the book more. I can definitely see why Margery Allingham's publisher and audience preferred Campion.

Fan Cast: