Torrent - Lisa Tawn Bergren

Title: Torrent
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Series: River of Time, 3
Format: ebook
Length: 748 pages (iPhone)
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Would you sacrifice your future ... for an uncertain past?

Gabriella and Evangelia Betarrini are just two normal American teenagers. Normal--except for the fact that they time travel to fourteenth-century Italy, where they've lived in castles, become swept up in historic battles, and fallen in love with handsome knights willing to do anything to keep them alive.

They've returned with their mother to the present to save their father before his tragic death, and now the family travels back to the place that holds the girls' hearts: medieval Italy. But remaining there means facing great risk as the battle for territory wages on and the Black Plague looms. Will the Betarrinis truly be willing to risk it all? Or in facing death head-on, will they discover life as it was always meant to be lived?

Favourite character: Luca
Least favourite character: Paratore

Mini-review: This is not my favourite book of this series. Maybe it's because it doesn't feel like they're believably in love, it feels more like they can't keep their hands off each other. Like Gabi's thought process in this feels like "I love him so I'm not going to rip his clothes off" rather than "I love him so I'll let myself get stabbed for him." She does zero selfless acts for Marcello and it's hard to believe the romance.

Fan Cast: