Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears Vol. 1: Baby Talk - Dennis Hopeless, Javier Rodriguez

Title: Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears Vol. 1: Baby Talk
Author: Dennis Hopeless
Series: Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears, 1
Format: ebook
Length: 144 pages
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Jessica Drew is a private investigator, a super hero and...a mom-to-be? Since we last saw her, Spider-Woman's got a whole new responsibility -now she's adventuring for two! Ben Urich and Porcupine are still along for the ride -in fact, half the time they won't even let Jess leave the car! How's a gal supposed to save the day when her friends are being all overprotective? Then, Spider-Woman will be in over her head when she gets trapped in an alien hospital. Jess is no stranger to unusual circumstances, but getting held captive by Skrulls in the center of a black hole with a bunch of extraterrestrial moms-to-be might take the cake! Expectations won't be disappointed in the mother of all Spider-stories!

Favourite character: Jessica & Carol
Least favourite character: N/A

Mini-review: I loved this. I love how Jessica is best friends with Carol Freaking Danvers and Clint Barton. The silent cameos from Hellcat and She-Hulk were great. I also spent so much time on the hero holiday party that had cameos from The Vision to Wiccan to Iron Man to Ms. Marvel to Squirrel Girl.

I loved the alien hospital and I got to read about Skrulls for the first time, which was fun. And reading about a pregnant superhero was fascinating.